Bugfixes to cmat
- 5th July 2010: Added Windows XP executables cmatr_XP.exe, cmatcr_XP.exe and cmatm_XP.exe. Also updated cmat.tar.gz so that it compiles under Linux and cygwyn/VisualC++2005.
- 28th November 2005: Updated cmat.tar.gz, cmatr.exe, cmatcr.exe and cmatm.ex, fixing the PAQ problem.
- 18th November 2005: Anthony Griffin pointed out an error in my calculation of the P and Q such that PAQ is in Smith Normal form. The error is in files p1R.c, p1CR.c and p1m.c. It will be corrected in the near future.
- 29th June 2002: In config.h, made a few path changes so as to function
better under linux. eg. /usr/local/bin/less replace by /usr/bin/less. Then one can print the file info.dat from the menus.
- 29th June 2002: On line 328 of menu.c, "ucb" was replaced by "bin".
- 23rd May 1998: Released the source code for CMAT.
- 27th November 1996: I updated the MSDOS version of CMATR and menuR.dat.
- 26th November 1996: Found a bug in pI.c in SUBRESULTANT(), which returned a non-zero integer, instead of 0, for R(f(x),g(x)), when gcd(f(x),g(x)) !=1. The correct answer is returned if gcd(f(x),g(x))=1. There is a flow-on effect for DISCRIMINANT(f(x)), ie. the correct answer is returned if f(x) is squarefree, but not if f(x) has a repeated factor.